The benefits of membership
We’re here to support and guide our Parish and Town Council members. For the smaller councils, BALC can be an invaluable source of help and advice on anything from legal to admin or procedural matters.
Below is a list of things we can help with, but please do get in touch if you have a challenge or concern, even if it is not listed:
- Procedural, technical and legal advice
- Employment/HR advice and templates
- Access to the national legal team at NALC for advice
- Advice notes on specific and relevant topics and issues such as central government initiatives, legislation and best practice
- Membership administration
We also send a regular monthly newsletter to our members to communicate advice and information that is more generally relevant.
Access to the Member Area that contains up to date useful information.
As a member, you will gain access to all the above benefits and information sources to support you in the running of your Town or Parish Council. Membership fees are calculated based on the size of your electorate.