This is a four-session course delivered by Kim Bedford FILCM
- Session 1 - Wed 26 April 2017 9:30 to 1:30 (lunch included)
- Session 2 - Monday 26 June 2017 9:30 to 1:30 (bring own lunch)*
- Session 3 - Monday 4 Sept 2017 9:30 to 1:30 (bring own lunch)*
- Session 4 - Monday 6 Nov 2017 9:30 to 1:30 (bring own lunch)*
The Calcot Centre, Reading RG31 4XD
Cost: For the Supportive Training Course will be dependent on the take up and if say ten delegates sign up then the cost per delegate would be in the region of £220.00 for the four day course (which is in line with other providers nationally). This will be in addition to The CiLCA Administrative/registration fee to SLCC of £250.00 (see also information below) Please do not register for the CiLCA Course with SLCC until after your first training session.
Please email Jayne at BALC by Friday 21 April 2017 to register your interest or for more information.
Who Should Attend? The course is ideal for anyone wanting to undertake the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) who already has some foundation and understanding of Local Councils and the work involved. This isn't intended to be a training course for clerks. It is aimed at CiLCA candidates only.
The course is split into four sessions, spaced apart, allowing time for delegates to get started on the different units of CiLCA Portfolio Guide. All students will receive a brief in advance to prepare for the next Tutorial.
A CiLCA qualified Clerk will help towards their Council gaining the General Power of Competence and achieving a Quality or Quality Gold Local Council Award (formerly known as Quality Status)
- What is required to complete the Portfolio
- Understanding the Learning Outcomes
- Covering Each Unit
- An Opportunity to network with others completing CiLCA
- Targets to keep you on track
- Briefings from the trainer on what to do next
- Knowing there is support available